Northern Fiddle Tunes Workshop 2000
What do we need to know?
- Some theory
Styles or kinds of tunes
- Bouncy (single?) jigs, smooth (double?) jigs, "elegant" jigs,
- Reels, polka-reels, breakdowns, hoedowns, hornpipes
- tunes suitable for New England, or Southern squares
- some couple dances appropriate for a variety of groups
- How to prepare for a dance
- How to build a band
- How to learn tunes most easily
- How to practice
- How to make our playing exciting to dance to
- The "KISS" principle
Make a list of your favorite tunes to play. Add to the end a few tunes
you want to work on, or learn from scratch, or find unusually challenging.
Copyright 2000 (c) Cathie Whitesides.